Thursday, October 29, 2009

Sharing

today my passion for food got the best of me and I decided to write about it.
two beautiful sugar squashes called out to be roasted,with a bit of cream and cardamom in each. I've never tried these before and the result was sublime!
after 1 1/2 hours at 400* they were done,I scooped the insides, stirring with the thickened cream then tasted the result...an earthy,sweet, nutty flavor. I resisted them and now have a fantastic base for squash lasagna this weekend!
well, that's what started this.
my intention is to guide you along into the sensual world of cooking what's fresh and at hand in a supremely satisfying way.(and I mean sensual;all the senses,and , maybe even the afterglow!)
all the recipes are original but then again, not. I believe cooking, and growing food, like many arts, is passed on in our deep subconscious historical knowledge. that which we learn, we are sort of re-learning. admittedly, some have more innate abilities in art or music than others! my strengths are growing and cooking food, not so much writing! but enough of you have asked me to share recipes,and I've always felt it important to share the gifts we have.
so, start with having roasted winter squashes on hand and we'll make something wonderful happen!



No comments:

Post a Comment